We Help People Put An End To Daily, Annoying Back Pain & Sciatica
A lot of back pain sufferers think back pain is something they have just ‘put up’ with it or get told that it’s something that comes with age.
And for most people, they don’t have debilitating back pain.
More often, it’s the daily, annoying kind of backache and stiffness which makes sitting comfortably almost impossible, makes walking, standing and keeping active difficult and causes the person to live in fear of it getting worse.
If you’ve got lower back pain, stiffness or an ache – it is tempting to think that the pain will go away on its own. Perhaps you may think you have “slept funny” or have overdone it at work sitting at your desk or that it is something which is normal.
… If this is happening to you, you’re not alone… We hear this story all the time. In fact lower back pain and sciatica is the most common thing we see in my Physio clinic, everybody always wants to know the same thing:
Why do I have back pain?
Why does back pain last so long?
Another common complaint we hear from back pain patients is that when they wake in the morning they feel very stiff and as if they have aged 30 years!
A back problem can seriously effect your mood as well due to the relentless nature of it always nagging away at you, not to mention the bad sleep that often goes hand in hand.
Having to be careful when exercising with lower back pain is another bug bear. Patients feeling back pain when running or walking is something we see very often. Its a bad feeling to feel like you have to watch your step when you’re exercising or your back might ‘go’ and you’ll be laid out for a few days (or longer).
In reality, despite the fact that back pain is widespread, most kinds can be settled with effective treatment.
How does getting Physiotherapy treatment for back pain & sciatica help?
- Getting people back to the workouts they love by relieving back pain.
- Helping people sleep better, sit comfortably, enjoy long walks, stand and be up and about for long periods and be able to move around freely
- Keeping you active – that means being able to enjoy walking, getting back to regular exercise routines, or spending time with family
- Moving more freely – just being able to put your socks on without wincing is what a lot of people want! Or being able to wake up feeling refreshed and not stiff and sore from a nights sleep
- Avoiding having to rely on painkillers – physiotherapy is a completely natural form of treatment meaning no chemicals or potions are needed. Hands-on treatment and therapeutic exercises work much better for back pain
- Finding out how you can prevent back pain & sciatica – along with getting you better, we’ll focus a lot of our efforts on giving you the tools to keep back pain at bay so that you don’t have to go through any of this again un-necessarily
- Avoiding multiple trips to the GP
Sometimes it’s because you’ve had a bad experience in the past or that you are unsure about the difference between treatments. Apply for a free taster session to make up your mind.
To arrange to speak with one of our physios at Instant Physio regarding your particular problem click on the button above.