We Help People Get Rid Of Knee Pain And Return To Being Active
Living with knee pain can put a huge strain on being able to enjoy life. Often starting out as a “niggling” feeling it can become a tooth-aching, nagging pain which stops you exercising, walking around comfortably and gets you down… People often tell me:
“I feel like I’ve aged 30 years!”
Whether you have been living with knee pain for some time and are fed up of taking painkillers, or if you have had a recent injury which is not settling down I can tell you one thing for sure: resting, taking painkillers or wearing a brace will not give you long-term relief from your knee pain and get you back to being active again.
The problem with painkillers is not only that they are filled with unwanted chemicals but they mask the symptoms while the problem persists. The pain may ease but if the root cause is not corrected then as soon as you return to being active or try to walk any distance the pain will come back.
Resting and using braces only causes the knee to become more stiff and restricted as well as weakening the muscles around the knee.
How does receiving physiotherapy treatment for knee pain help?
- Diagnosing your knee problem – normally inside 20 minutes – and giving you a plan of how to get it better
- Prescribing you the right exercises for your specific problem to help you recover
- Relieving knee pain with “hands-on” treatment – normally inside a few sessions
- Helping you sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed (not really stiff and sore)
- Helping you return to the workouts and sports you love
- Helping people not to have to rely on painkillers and instead using corrective exercise
- Give you the confidence to be active without fearing your knee will let you down
- Helping you avoid needing risky knee surgery and injections
Sometimes it’s because you’ve had a bad experience in the past or that you are unsure about the difference between treatments. Apply for a free taster session to make up your mind.
To arrange to speak with one of our physios at Instant Physio regarding your particular problem click on the button above.